Sunday, June 20, 2010

EnergyBoom's Robert Gluck Features Charles Eggert, CCIA Vice Chair

"In this first part of my three part interview with OPX Biotechnology’s President and CEO Charles Eggert, he discusses his background, this history and mission of OPX and the company’s efficiency directed genome engineering (EDGE) technology.

ROBERT GLUCK: Please tell our readers a little bit about your background.

CHARLES EGGERT: I joined OPX Biotechnology Inc. (OPXBIO) as President and CEO in September 2008. Before that, I logged more than 30 years of experience in the global specialty-chemical industry, serving as president of the Specialty Polymers Group (a $500 million revenue division of Akzo Nobel) and holding top management responsibilities at ICI.

I began my career at Monsanto Company, including an assignment as vice president of Monsanto Venture Capital. I’ve remained very involved in the industry throughout my career, as a past board director of the American Chemistry Council and currently as board director of the Biotechnology Industry Organization.

I’m also a founding director and vice chairman of the Colorado Cleantech Industry Association. I earned an MBA in marketing and finance from Washington University in St. Louis and an M.S. in biochemical engineering from the University of Minnesota. I also have a B.S. in chemical engineering from Washington University."

Link to EnergyBoom to read more

No comments:

Post a Comment